Monday, June 13, 2011

Run Robby Run!

I have been so proud of my superhero husband to have ran his first half marathon this past weekend and to fit all of that training into our busy lives.

Rob even kept training after I had decided not to run the race. That is why I have been thankful for Luke. Luke is a 15 year old who is in our youth group but more like a little brother to Rob (Rob has known him since he was a baby). Luke trained and ran in the race with Rob.

Here are some pictures from our weekend.

Camping the night before the race. Here is the song I made them listen to all weekend (it's a play on some top 40 song and it's about Israel's History.... makes me want to dance)
Boys just wrestle
We we were on a mission to find them along the run and cheer them on. It was fun encouraging all the runners along the way.
Done! Luke finished in 1 hour 50 minutes and Rob finished in 1 hour and 51 minutes.... That's fast!
I think I was telling him he is my superhero of a husband :) Love that boy.

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Wow, that time is quite impressive! Great job to your super hero husband!